March 12, 2021 at 5:07 pmc.manquepillan01Subscriber
Hello, my name is Carlos, my English is not very good so excuse me if you don't understand much. At the moment I am doing my degree project that consists of the modeling of a metallic connection subjected to controlled displacements at the outer edges of the beam. In summary, the connection node is modeled with solid185 elements in order to see where the greatest distortions are generated while the other elements are modeled with beam188 elements.March 15, 2021 at 11:58 am1shanAnsys Employee,nHave you used a connection between solid and beam elements? Solid elements have only 3 degrees of freedom (3 translation) per node while beam have 6 degrees of freedom per node (3 translation + 3 rotation). You may check to know how to connect beam to solid elements. Also check this out for a detailed discussion on why solid elements have 3 dofs per node https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/22288/why-do-we-need-to-restrain-both-the-translational-and-rotational-dofs-to-avoid-rigid-body-motion. nViewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.