General Mechanical

General Mechanical

The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained. Pl

• c.manquepillan01
      Subscriber
      Hello, my name is Carlos, my English is not very good so excuse me if you don't understand much. At the moment I am doing my degree project that consists of the modeling of a metallic connection subjected to controlled displacements at the outer edges of the beam. In summary, the connection node is modeled with solid185 elements in order to see where the greatest distortions are generated while the other elements are modeled with beam188 elements.

• 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      ,nHave you used a connection between solid and beam elements? Solid elements have only 3 degrees of freedom (3 translation) per node while beam have 6 degrees of freedom per node (3 translation + 3 rotation). You may check
      to know how to connect beam to solid elements. Also check this out for a detailed discussion on why solid elements have 3 dofs per node https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/22288/why-do-we-need-to-restrain-both-the-translational-and-rotational-dofs-to-avoid-rigid-body-motion. n
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.