September 1, 2022 at 7:16 am202121061699Subscriber
When I used FDTD to simulate an add-drop microring resonator with a radius of 10um, I encountered the problem that the transmission of the DROP port cannot match the THROUGH port. According to the theory, the transmission of the DROP port, which is Tdrop should be 1-Tthrough, if the loss is negligible. And here I was using a Si waveguide, the radius of the microring is 10um. In this case, the bending transmission loss should be negligible, even if it is considered, it should not be too large, but the final transmission result I got shows that the DROP port are only about 0.7, as shown in the picture. Which is strange, because the upper and lower coupling regions of my micro-ring resonators are exactly the same, which means the coupling coefficients should be the same too, the Tdrop should be close to -0.95. So what is the reason that the transmission of the DROP port cannot match the THROUGH port?
I also upload the picture about the structure of my resonator, the result of the time monitors in DROP and THROUGH port, and the mesh in the coupling regions. The simulation times in FDTD region was set to 40000fs, the mesh accuracy was 3 except the coupling region
September 1, 2022 at 4:46 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Do not duplicate the post in different languages. It has been replied in other post.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.