August 6, 2019 at 4:43 pm
August 6, 2019 at 6:08 pmutkugSubscriber
You can use the contact tool to check the initial status of your contacts. I experienced this issue with the large timesteps and lowering the timestep fixed that for me. Also, I observed convergence difficulties with penetration.
August 6, 2019 at 6:59 pmmoeenkhurramSubscriber
thank you for the reply , what do you exactly mean by large timestep? currently i am using just 2 steps each have time period of 1 sec, its nonlinear static simulation.
August 6, 2019 at 8:41 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
It is how many substeps you have to get to 1 second, you could be using 5 or 50 substeps, and the later will make it easier to converge, while the former may fail to converge and automatically cutback to more substeps (smaller time increment).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.