Electronics

Electronics

Thermal analysis of Magnetostatics Output

• Sam254
      Subscriber

Hello 
      I am attempting to do a magnetostatic analysis to determine the core losses in the transformer model, and use the results to compute heat generated by the model. The current is flowing through three conductors separated by insulation. The heat generated ought to be carried off by forced convection at  30 W/m2C . I have completed the Magnetostatic simulation but i dont know how to proceed to compute the heat at the core and the conductor. I cant use Maxwell, as i am using a student version.. Can someone, kindly advise me on how to go about it. 

Thanks

• mchristi
      Ansys Employee

You cannot determine core losses with Magnetostatic solver in either Workbench or in Maxwell. You can only determine DC losses due to current flow in the coil.

I suggest using Maxwell Transient Magnetics solver for core losses.

• Sam254
      Subscriber

Okay, thanks for the reply. I, however, cannot access Maxwell as it's not in the Student version of Ansys. Any other suggestions? Can i use the Magnetic Flux Density simulated here to compute the core losses manually, then feed that figure as an internal heat generated source in Electrical-Thermal? 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.