Fluids

Fluids

Thermal Comfort

• Weaerodo
      Subscriber

Hi.

I am trying to simulate the flow in an Aircraft Cabin for my research work, I am suppose to investigate the thermal comfort along with various other characteristics of the flow in the Cabin.

In which I need to find the PMV (Predictive Mean Vote) and PPD ( Predicted Percentage Dissatisfied) at various cross sections of the cabin volume.

I was really delighted to see an extension available in the ANSYS website, exclusively for this investigation,

Unfortunately, I am unable to use the extension as I am getting an error messaged displayed. 

I have solved the case, with proper convergence, and when I am trying to initiate the wizard of the thermal comfort, I am getting the error messaged stated "Unable to convert from unit [] to unit [m]."

Can you advice me with any information regarding this error.

I have followed all the steps presented in the pdf (I received with the extensions).

i have attached the screen-shot of the same.

Also, if this extension is not working out for some reason, then can I create an expression? (Can we solve this expression and generate contours across the cabin,, post analysis?)

Would appreciate for any positive advice/response

Thanks in advance

Regards

Mohammed

• FlorianSch
      Subscriber

Hi Mohammed,

I have the same issue. Did you get any solution? I thought about getting the Ansys Version 17.

Regards

Florian

• Weaerodo
      Subscriber
      Hi Florian.

Not really... I am stuck at this..

I was expecting some ANSYS members to reply.. may be they missed the post..

Can you mail me on aven.farhan@gmail.com

So that we can discuss or find some way out.

Cheers

Mohammed
    • Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Apologies for missing your question earlier.

What are your units in Fluent? Are you using the units as suggested in the instructions document of the ACT? If not, could you please change the units you are using in Fluent and check?

Thank you.

Best,

Karthik

• FlorianSch
      Subscriber

Hello Karthik,

thanks for your reply! Unfortunately it still doesnt work.

I tryed to set the units to metric and SI on the workbench. Also i checked the settings in Fluent.

All units are set like the guidelines. (lenght in meter, temperature in Kelvin, time in sec, percentage)

After initalization I get the following notification in fluent

I alredy tryed diffrent computers, Ansys 19 R3 and 20 and I seted up few new projects with minimum of presettings. Every time I get the same error message. Thats why I think the problem ist the compatibility with the new version of ansys/fluent.

Best regards

Florian

• Weaerodo
      Subscriber

Hi.

I just checked the Log file.

It says that the case is valid. 

But I am wondering what is the error.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

If the ACT is from R17 it may not work in 2019R1 as some of the data calls may have changed. Does the ACT still use the P1 radiation model?

• Weaerodo
      Subscriber

Well, I have tried the case with the radiation model, but the error is the same, "Unable to convert units"

Can you suggest/advise anything useful?

• FlorianSch
      Subscriber

Hi rwoolhou,

is there any possibility to download the R17 version? Is any refreshed download link available like in this discussion?

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/download-ansys-17/?order=all#comment-7d52d140-b142-4621-8ad3-aa27009e5ab7

Thanks and regards

Florian

• Farhan363
      Subscriber
      It works only with V17n
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.