January 30, 2023 at 3:45 ammkalelSubscriber
I am doing the FEM for thermo-mechanical modeling in metal wire arc 3D printing in ANSYS APDL. For that I was successfully able to code and run the coupled thermal-structural model. From the General post, I can get all the stress,strain and displacement data. But I was wondering How can I get deformed shaped like in experimental printed built. Is it possible to get in ansys? It is obvious that it will not be exact as CAD model. It will have ugly deformed shaped. But In ansys I am not seeing physically any deformed shape. I put the PATH command to observe the deformation data along one of the axis. But it seems like not even comparable with experimental data.
can someone help me on this?
February 1, 2023 at 11:46 amAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
Try issuing PLNSOL,U,SUM to see the displacement vector sum results.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.