General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Thermal Electric Analysis

• mgaratem
      Subscriber
      Hello,nI am trying to make a study about the heat distribution over time that a conductor causes in a material that surrounds it.nIn the Static study I can input a determined voltage in that conductor but I can?t see when the temperature will stop increasing. On the other side, I am working on the Transient Thermal module, but I can?t imput the voltage.nnDo you know if I am missing something or the way I could do it?nThank you!n
    • Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      You need to use a thermal-electric system:nThank younnEriknn
    • mgaratem
      Subscriber
      Thank you!nBut with the thermal-electric system I can´t make a transient study. I would only give me the temperature at one point, and as the voltage I am applying is an AC current, you can see in the graph that the curve periodically does the same, but it does not take into account what happened in the previous period of time. nWhat I need to find is a curve with a shape that looks like this:nThank you!n
    • Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      Correct the thermal electric system is a steady state analysis so when all the transients have died out and we look at the solution after a long time.nnThank younnEriknn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.