General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Thermal Harmonic Analysis

• Alex1EDP
      Subscriber

Hello,

I would like to characterize the thermal state of a dam In exploration phase. 

The goal is to define the initial temperature field, estimated assuming an initial temperature, applying boundary conditions, and performing the time integration until stationary (cyclic) behavior is achieved.

I would like to do this using Thermal Harmonic Analysis on WB R3, is this possible?

I intend to characterize the Thermal Field of the dam by getting for each node the Average Annual Temperature, the Annual's Wave Semi-Amplitude and Annual's wave phase. 

Thanks

• Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee

Hi Alex,

You can use a transient thermal analysis. In case you want a harmonic behavior then define a harmonic function in the temperature load.

Regards,

Ashish Khemka

• Alex1EDP
      Subscriber

Hi Ashish Kehmka,

Thank you for your reply. 

I am sorry I didn't explain myself correctly. 

I did use the Transient Thermal with the harmonic function in the temperature load.

What i want to do is find a way to get the parameters of the load function ( Average Annual Temperature, the Annual's Wave Semi-Amplitude and Annual's wave phase of the air and the water of the reservoir) using the Thermal Harmonic analysis. Is this possible?

Thank you!   

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.