July 25, 2019 at 8:48 pmjvardamanSubscriberHello all!
I am a graduate student using ANSYS Workbench and was referred here for modeling questions. The quick story is that I am modeling current through a single copper loop in HFSS in Workbench. Inside the loop are three steel rings. The current in the loop induces a magnetic field that heats up the steel rings. In Workbench, I connect the Solution cell of HFSS to the Setup cell of a Transient Thermal system block that uses ANSYS Mechanical. In Mechanical, under Imported Load, I import a heat flux and select all faces of the model. Theoretically this should take the heat flux from the HFSS simulation and port it to Mechanical. I then time how long it takes for the rings to reach 220C. The issue is that the simulation is off by nearly a factor of two as it takes nearly double the time compared to my experimental results. I am not sure if this is an issue on my end or if the model is missing something. Any help understanding this discrepancy would be greatly appreciated!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.