General Mechanical

General Mechanical

thermal transient analysis in ansys apdl

• Divya shah
      Subscriber

i am currently doing the transient thermal analysis  in mechanical apdl software for joining of two metal piece by welding and studying instant heat distribution  for intial condition  when base material around room temperature and some node group around 20000 c°

my probelm is that though i selected analysis type as transient thermal but  when i solve it  remain steady with time and don't see any changes in simulation,so any one can suggest proper step  of doing the transient analysis and why i am getting error?  

below i am attaching screenshot of my procedure for solving it so you guys can understand..

this way i am getting steady output every time ,so if anyone know proper method and proper meaning of each command in ansys solution portion so please tell me so i will able to know due to which parameter i am getting problem.

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello Divya,

Here are a couple of videos you can use to understand to show the transient solution. Please use them to understand which options you are missing out on. In my opinion, APDL is solving a transient equation. However, you are not seeing it as you are not selecting an option to display these transient solutions. You are only seeing the final steady state solution. I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• Divya shah
      Subscriber

thank you.

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello Divya,

Were you able to resolve your problem? If so, could you please write a small note on what the issue was and how you resolved it? It would be quite useful to others who might have a similar issue to yours.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• Divya shah
      Subscriber

first of all, thank you for sharing videos.yesterday, i had worked for my project as per the method shown in the videos and it is really works and i am able to do sinulation.

when i compare it with my last method i see that by two method we can apply transient data 

1) as per the method shown in the videos..

2) other method is to do from load step opts where we need to apply setting in following tabs

i)output ctrls  ii) time/frequenc  iii)nonlinear 

when i consider from my project problem i had not make any changes in the output ctrls and nonlinear tab. and also for time/frequenc tab in which whatever option you choose you need to choose proper selection because the terms are related to animation control also.

i am sharing above things from my experience of using ansys apdl software for my project work.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.