General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Thermo-Mechanical Fatigue lifing ACT

• Abhilash_G
      Subscriber

Hello,

1. Could you please tell me if this ACT considers 'creep strains' for damage calculations?
      2. If creep strains are not considered, how does the ACT evaluates the 'inelastic strain rate' ?

Thanks,

Abhilash

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Abhilash,nIt seems like you reached the Authors and they have responded to your questions already. for the forum I am pasting their response below:nNonCreep strain is not considered for the damage calculations. If the dwell time is not significant, you can expect very less creep strain than other inelastic strains, and you can use this ACT to calculate the damage for TMF with Dwell. Also, if you have not defined the creep material model in your analysis you can use this ACT.n-AniketnHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumn
    • Abhilash_G
      Subscriber
      Thank you very much for you reply and answering my queries. I am interested in implementing the TMF-Lifing ACT to my research project and would like to know more about its capabilities. In your previous email you mentioned that this ACT doesn't consider 'CREEP' deformation for damage calculations, so could you please answer few more queries related to this: n?In ANSYS, the material model combination of 'CHAB(with static recovery)+Rate' is unified Viscoplastic model, so creep(viscous) and plastic deformation are considered to be a single quantity as inelastic strain. nSo if this material model combination is used for non-isothermal type of loading, does the TMF-Lifing ACT separates the creep(viscous) and plastic deformations, and then considers only the plastic (rate independent) deformations for damage calculations?nOr will the ACT consider combined (creep+plastic) unified inelastic strain for damage calculation?nn
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.