September 11, 2020 at 1:16 pmmorrowinterSubscriber
Sometimes the option "thickness mode" is grayed and I want to perform an axisymmetric analysis.
My faces are in the plane XY with X>0, Y>0 and Z=0.
What am i missing ?
Thank you very muchSeptember 11, 2020 at 2:04 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriberOnly 2D Plane Stress allows a thickness to be specified.n2D Plane Strain is defined for a unit thickness, you can't specify a thickness because it is for an infinitely large thickness.nAn Axisymmetric model has no thickness. It is defined as a full 360 degree revolution of the surface about the Y axis. The surface must not have negative X coordinates, but the Y coordinates are permitted to be negative.nAny 2D analysis must have the Geometry cell in Workbench have the Analysis Type property set to 2Dbeforethe first attach to the Model cell. If you did an attach with the Analysis Type set to 3D, discard that analysis and start again with the Analysis Type set to 2D. nSeptember 13, 2020 at 7:07 ammorrowinterSubscriberthank you very muchnViewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.