March 15, 2023 at 6:36 pmMikey DowlingSubscriber
I have created this part in Ansys Workbench as a 2D axisymmetric problem. It has deformed in the way I want it. However, I want to get the thickness along the length of the shape every 5mm after it has been created by my simulation. Can anyone explain step by step how to measure the thickness of the part every 5mm along the length of the material? it is 0.7mm thick before any load has been applied to it. It is a deep drawing simulation. Thank You
March 16, 2023 at 8:25 pmmjmiddleAnsys Employee
Link Solution to Model for any structural system or a Mechanical Model. Update/Refresh cells as required and set the Analysis Type to 2D on the downstream Model cell:
In the downstream Mechanical session, turn on "Home [ribbon] > Selection Information." Use node selection filter, and hold Ctrl to select a couple nodes:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.