General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Three dimensional thermal modelling of a photovoltaic module under varying conditions

• Jeson1405
      Subscriber

I have a problem in my thermal modelling for a Photovoltaic model. I am trying to find the temperature distribution in each cell of the PV panel, but I am getting the thermal distribution of the whole PV panel. The material properties used are different in both the models. I am using steady-state thermal analysis in ANSYS 16.0. Can anyone tell me a way in which I can get my desired result (attached)? 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Can you reproduce the plot shown in the paper if you apply the same material properties and conditions as those used in the paper?

Note that the plot from the paper is showing a temperature range of 0.003 C while your plot has a range of 15 C so that is a huge difference.

• Jeson1405
      Subscriber
      I used the same the material conditions given in the paper, but I cannot get the source of the material properties in the paper. When I checked the datasheet of the PV panel (Astro power AP110), I did not get the material properties.
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber

You can't get accurate results from a simulation if you don't have accurate material properties.

Send the authors an email and request the material properties they used. You can ask if they will give you their whole model.

Send the manufacturer a request for material properties.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.