August 29, 2023 at 11:36 amshashi chichkhedeSubscriber
I want to perform simulation for three point bending test in Ansys APDL. How do i apply contact at three points at roller support? The bottom two roller supports are fixed while the top roller support is applying force on the beam.
August 30, 2023 at 11:14 amJohn DoyleAnsys Employee
Please refer to 'Fundamentals of Contact' Course in our Ansys Innocation Space for details in how to set up contact. https://courses.ansys.com/index.php/courses/fundamental-topics-in-contact/
For convergence stability, make sure your initial contact status is closed prevent rigid body motion. Also,if possible, it is probably best to apply a displacement based load to induce the bending, instead of a force based load.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- User manual
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.