October 18, 2023 at 6:46 pmAlex FianiSubscriber
Is there a way to implement time-dependent rotation in Lumerical FDTD (or any other simulators)? That is, I would like an element to rotate during the simulation.
October 19, 2023 at 5:42 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
I do not think it can be done at least for the current version, as the rotation of the geometry will essentially change the meshing. Please note that we are simulating optical frequency, and any mechanical rotation/modulation is far more slower than optical frequecy. You may do separate simulations with rotation. The other issue is, the final result is usually in frequency domain, so there is no time stamp with it.
Please take some time to reconsider the physics you want, what FDTD can give, and see if there is a way to realize it.
October 20, 2023 at 3:56 amAlex FianiSubscriber
Are there other Ansys solvers that are capable of this kind of thing? The goal would be to detect a difference in detection based on a rotational aspect. My understanding is that FDTD is one of the only solvers where rotation can be a variable.
October 20, 2023 at 5:27 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
As replied previously, FDTD cannot simulate geometry rotation DURING simulation. It can only simulate rotation preset. I do not think any Lumerical tools can simulate rotation during simulation at this moment.
Please note that this post will not be moitored due to some reason after this reply. Please write a new post if you have questions.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.