April 4, 2023 at 10:35 pmGorilla KoalaSubscriber
I'm calculating acoustic pressure inside pipe using LES+Ffowcs Willams and Hawkings (FW-H) model.
During the calcualtion, I noticed that the results extremly depend on the time stpe size. I tried that time step size 5E-5, 1.1E-6 and 5E-7 sec. And the result is the figure below. The time step size is smaller, the peaks shift to right. I calculated this result by the steps;
1) ANSYS fluent calcuates acoustics pressure with LES+FW-H model
2)Power spectral density (psd) is calculated from the acoustic pressure
3)spl = dB(sqrt(psd*df))
Do you have any idea why the peak of the sound pressure level shift to large when the time step size becomes small?
And how much should I decrease the time step size?
April 5, 2023 at 12:25 pmFederico Alzamora PrevitaliSubscriber
I suggest you look into aliasing errors, which occurs in a FFT due to insufficient sampling of a high frequency signal.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.