Fluids

Fluids

Time Step

• rrdbes
      Subscriber

I am doing a 2D steady analysis. So to make my problem simple, lets say i have a heated surface (due to heat flux) expose to an environment. During post processing, can i get the temperature around the heated surface, lets say after 1 minute, or after an hour of exposure to that heat flux? Or should i change my simulations to transient?

Im thinking that, when a heated surface is exposed to an ambient air, the heat will flow from the surface to the air, so let say after 10 seconds the immediate surface will just be heated then after 1 hours larger volume of the air is heated. 

Thanks!

• rrdbes
      Subscriber

*Does one frame in animation playback equivalent to "1 second" that the environment is exposed to the heated surface?

• Vishal Ganore
      Ansys Employee

Your question is not quite clear. 

Do you mean:

a) You have a heated surface having constant heat flux boundary condition exposed to the atmosphere and you wish to understand how surrounding environmental temperature changes after certain time. In that case, you need to model surrounding environment (closed) as a fluid body and place heated surface exposed to fluid body

b) You have a heated surface (say at a temp 100 degrees at t=0) exposed to the atmosphere (no constant heat flux) and you wish to see how heated surface cools down with respect to time? 

a or b??

• rrdbes
      Subscriber

Sorry Vishal for the confusion. It is Option A. Thank you very much for clearing it up

• rrdbes
      Subscriber

In the case of A, I can't seem to find the tab or option in the post processing as where can get the values or instance after a certain time. I've search the internet for tutorials. But with no luck. I hope you can help me on this. Thank you!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.