October 5, 2018 at 6:22 amsrnayak97Subscriber
I am doing a transient flow simulation through a pipe. I want to plot the area averaged pressure variation at the inlet. In the xy transient i can select only point.
October 5, 2018 at 7:08 amDrAmineAnsys Employee
First of all you need to make a report of area weighted average of the pressure at the inlet. Here you need to enable the option write to file. Afterwards you can then plot your pressure along the time in the plot function in Fluent. If you are doing that in CFD-Post you need to create an expression for the weighted average, create a transient chart and here you give the Expression name like TimeAvePres = areaAve(Pressure)@Inlet
October 5, 2018 at 9:36 amsrnayak97Subscriber
Thanks a lot. This really helped.
October 5, 2018 at 9:48 amKarthik RAdministrator
I am glad that the solution worked for you and you are able to learn and move forward. It would be really helpful if you could mark abenhadj's answer as "Reply". This would accomplish two things:
- It would be of immense help to someone if they have the same question as you had.
- It would help bring closure to this question.
Here are the guidelines for posting on the student community.
Thank you very much for your question.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.