October 19, 2020 at 5:45 pmJohn DoyleAnsys EmployeeWhat are precautions for proper import of the models that have multibody parts dimensions in microns units?n
October 21, 2020 at 9:22 ammjmiddleAnsys EmployeeThis may sound obvious but small geometries should be created using Micrometer unit system or smaller. This is an option in DesignModeler as well as SpaceClaim (SpaceClaim also allows Nanometers). In both, it has to be set before any geometry exists, and if any larger unit is selected, it can not be changed later through normal means (export/import through 3rd party format (acis, step, parasolid, ect...) can allow unit change). Using Micrometers ensures tighter tolerances in the model to ensure proper shared topology operations of multibody parts. The small unit system will also affect tolerances used in other features in the CAD modeler, so that tiny features are preserved and handled correctly.n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.