General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Too many result data

• dogukankaya
      Subscriber

Hi, I am performing an explicit dynamic analysis in ANSYS. I got my results but I have a problem with result data. I want to export the result data in excel but I cannot because there are 1.3 million data exists in result. While I'm trying to export computer cannot handle it and close the ANSYS. I want to reduce the data amount. How can I reduce the result data amount?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

What data are you trying to export?

• dogukankaya
      Subscriber

Contact force, reaction force, position etc.

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

You can manually select partial data in the tabular data and copy-paste in excel, or try exporting on a bigger machine!

-Aniket

How to access Ansys Online Help Document

How to show full resolution image

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to use Google to search within Ansys Student Community

• dogukankaya
      Subscriber

Aniket, there is 1.3 million data exists in the table. How can I copy/paste partial data in table? Is there any other solution for this problem?

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

this is very weird because the same computer is capable of calculating 1.3million result points and store the result but is unable to export it! I don't believe that there anyway except the two below:

1. you can either open this on a capable computer and right-click on the result object and click export text file

or

2. select rows of the results in tabular data (you need not to select them manaully, just select first hold shift key and select lets say 100k th row) and right click and copy paste.

-Aniket

How to access Ansys Online Help Document

How to show full resolution image

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to use Google to search within Ansys Student Community

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

Also, if you want the tabular data which is different than nodal results which is exported in point 1 above, you can left-click on the 1st cell of the first row as shown below to select all the rows and then export/copy from there.

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

• dogukankaya
      Subscriber

I found how to reduce my result data, not thanks to you Aniket. I would expect you to give me an reasonable answer. Unfortunately, I found your information lack.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

I found how to reduce my result data, not thanks to you Aniket. I would expect you to give me an reasonable answer. Unfortunately, I found your information lack.

Dogukan,

Everyone who answers posts here does so on a voluntary basis. You might find people are less likely to answer your questions if you leave disparaging comments.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.