October 15, 2018 at 10:54 pmRehanSubscriber
I have ANSYS 18, Windows 10 and RAM is 128 GB.
My FE Model comprises of Beam and Shell Elements with Solution time less than 5 mins.
Problem is that when I turn on element thicknesses in results, it becomes too slow. The graphics regeneration takes many seconds to follow the subtle Mouse rotations.
Will be grateful for any help please.
P.S. I have checked the realtime usage of RAM which seems quite un-burdened.
October 15, 2018 at 11:11 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Please reply with your Graphics card specs. Try updating your Graphics card driver.
ANSYS has a list of tested Graphics Cards that perform well.
October 16, 2018 at 3:41 amRehanSubscriber
Graphic Processign Unit
NVIDIA Quadro M6000 24 GB
CPU HP Z840
Intel Xeon CPU E5-2690 V4 @ 2.6 GHz
RAM 128 GB
Software ANSYS 18.2
October 16, 2018 at 3:47 amRehanSubscriber
As noticed from the List provided by you, my specs (i.e. Quadro M 6000) were tested on Win 7 whereas I have windows 10.
Can this be the reason of my issue ?
October 18, 2018 at 7:07 amRehanSubscriber
Reply requested based on latest info provided.
October 18, 2018 at 10:18 amRobAnsys Employee
Can you try and update the graphics drivers? I know it's a generic suggestion but it's a common fix. The other thing to check is the graphics settings (Options -> Tools or the other way round) in Mech as there may be an option to rotate with wireframe and then re-render.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.