Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

tool is missing

• Edward9999977
      Subscriber

why the tool box is missing,i reintall the 19.2 6 times its still not come back

• Edward9999977
      Subscriber

• Edward9999977
      Subscriber

the tool is only show in the toolbox customization.But i remember last few weeks the tool is show in toolbox is there anyway i can drag it back.Can someone give me some help?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Try View > Reset WindowLayout and/or Reset Workspace.

Those settings are kept in the appdata folder for that version of Workbench.  Additionally the licence for R19.2 will be about finished so you'll need to download the latest version & follow instruction on the Community if you want to continue using R19.2 

• Edward9999977
      Subscriber

• Edward9999977
      Subscriber

is this the way to download 19.2?

• Edward9999977
      Subscriber

so does it mean i need to wait until the license on that website renewed

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

If you download and install ANSYS Student 2019 R1, it should work and have the expiration date listed.

Do you have an old installation of 19.2 that expired and you are trying to get a new expiration date?

As you can see, the 19.2 license has expired.  The ANSYS Student 2019 R2 will have an even later expiration date.

Did you read this for the method of getting a new license for an expired installation?

• Edward9999977
      Subscriber

i don't know ,i need to download 19.2 because my school is using that version and i have no idea why the tool box is missing .Three days ago,tool box is still there.I cant even edit my recent working.

• Edward9999977
      Subscriber

Today i reintall the R19.2 six times to see whether the tool box issue fixed or not so i am not sure i have a old installation of it or not.Now i only have the one download from that website today.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

The license on ANSYS 19.2 on the website expired on 8/31/19 which is why the Toolbox is empty.  

The workaround is to try this.

• Edward9999977
      Subscriber

i think that's the same website where i download the student R19.2.

Anyway thanks for the help,

Please tell me when the license is renewed.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Edward,

Attached is student.zip.  Do you know how to extract the file inside? Do that.  Now you have a file called student.lic

Go to the folder C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensing

where you will find the expired student.lic.

Paste the student.lic file extracted above into that folder to overwrite the expired version.

Now Workbench should have items in the toolbox.

Release 19.2 Student is not going to have a new license expiration. You have to do the steps I describe.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

R19.2 and 2019R1 are both in the prior releases section, 2019R2 is the current release.   All version ID confusion will cease in the New Year with the release of 2020R1.....

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.