Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Topo incomplete because curve end is not defined

• DylanVillkhu
      Subscriber

Hi all,

I am creating a mesh for a 3D geometry, and when completing the mesh, I notice that there is a line of code in the output file that reads "Topo incomplete because curve end is not defined".

Could anybody inform me as to what this means please ?

I also have an issue with "degenerate verticies" if anybody knows how to fix this or what it means. From what I remember, when I used a more coarse mesh (this mesh is very fine), I am unsure whether this issue was present.

Does anybody know what "Topo incomplete because curve end is not defined" means, or what "degenerate verticies" are and how to fix such things.

Thanks,

Dylan

• wcao
      Ansys Employee
      Hello I wonder if you are using blocked mesh or unstructured mesh?
      For the "Topo incomplete" issue, it seems like the geometry is dirty so that some curve does not have a clear end, which should be points. Please use the geometry fix tool to rebuild better topology.
      Regarding the "degenerate vertices", I wonder it showed at which step? Thanks.
    • DylanVillkhu
      Subscriber

I think I am using an unstructured mesh as when writing the output file from ICEM to CFX, it does say 'ANSYS CFX supports unstructured mesh'. Does this make a difference?

I have created a new .STL file with maximum resolution (as this is the file type I am using when importing to ICEM) and even with the maximum resolution, the line reading "topo incomplete because curve end is not defined" remains.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.