General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Topological study error

• mru
      Subscriber

Hello,

Every time I try to do the topological analysis, I always get the same error, that says :

"The files required from the linked analysis are missing for topology optimization solution. Please resolve the analysis selected in the Solution Selection prior to continuing"

I have tried many different things, like removing the study files and trying again, remeshing, removing all constraints and forces, redoing the studies, nothing solves the problem. I even tried to uninstall the Ansys and reinstall and that did not help. Right now I use student version of Ansys 2021 R1.

My engineering tree looks like this :

• 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      ,nTry running the simulation in a new directory. Also could you go to view > select files, and insert an image of the whole file view. nRegards,nIshan. n
    • FrenchGui
      Subscriber
      nI am also facing this problem.nDid you solve it in the end ?nThank you in advance, nRegards,n
    • Sanya7
      Subscriber
      Hello everyone,nnI tried your advice and the error came up again.nI checked my previous project (which I made and evaluate in 2020R2 student version, and now I use 2021R student version) and in this project I create a new topology optimization study. If I run the optimization study whit the saved results, it works. If I clear the saved value and solve again and run the topology optimization than it is doesn't work and the error come up.nDoes anyone any idea why is this happening and how can I solve the problem?nRegards,nn
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      ,nDo you have both the versions installed in the same machine? If yes, if yes this might have lead to files getting overwritten. Just keep one of them and try running. It is hard to say for sure what the your might be running into, but you could try to establish if this is model specific. Run a simple model (block fixed on one end and loaded with a force on other) and see if you face any trouble? If not, it might be your installation. Also, try another simple coupled analysis - eigen value buckling - and see if you get any errors . If you do then there is some issue with files getting linked. If there is nothing that stands out, perhaps the model itself has been corrupted somehow.Regards,nIshan.n
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.