January 5, 2023 at 10:01 pmCelal KermangilSubscriber
To whom it may concern;
I worked on a project and I am working on all simulations and calculations on Ansys. My aim in the Topology Optimization is not to remove unloaded regions, but my aim is to remove the regions that loaded acting forces and pressures coming from CFD and FEA, but unfortunately, I am not able to figure it out. I am kindly demanding your help.
Thanks in advance.
January 13, 2023 at 5:22 pmJohn DoyleAnsys Employee
I am not sure I understand your question or your objective.
Elements with forces and pressure loads applied to them are interpreted as being part of boundary conditions and are excluded from the Topology Optimization analysis by default. This means that these elements will NOT be eligible for removal during the optimization run. In general, this is usually a good thing as it prevents elements that are potentially part of the primary load path from being removed. You can overide the default, but it might cause convergence trouble. Kind of like kicking the legs out from under a table.
- The topic ‘Topology Optimization’ is closed to new replies.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.