General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Topology optimization error

• jurijhl
      Subscriber

Hello, I tried to solve a topology optimization analysis and used two version of ansys ( 18.1 and 18.2 ). I always get same errors;

• ' current result file may not contain requested result data C:UsersIBODesktopAnaliz2 opology_filesdp0SYS-8MECHfile;topo.  Please clear the solution ' 
      • ' The optimization solution run was terminated. Check the optimization output on the solution information object for possible causes '

Can anyone help me to find out a way ?

• 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      ,nCould you add an image of the project schematic? ANSYS staff are not allowed to download attachments. Is the topology optimization toolbox getting linked with static structural? You could go to view>files and see if all the out files are generated. You might try to rerun the analysis at a different file location and see if it works.nnRegards,nIshan.n
    • jurijhl
      Subscriber
      Hi Ishan,nI have unistalled all the Ansys versions from my computer and reinstalled the 2021 R1 version. I had my project saved on my desktop. Now I moved it to another folder in another partition and it seems to work fine. Previously I also had problems with other coupled analyses like static structural in combination with eigenvalue buckling. My C partition, where also the desktop is, is much faster, therefore I would like to perform my analyses there. Do you have any suggestions how to do that? nThank you and regards,nJurijn
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      ,nNow when you have successfully run the simulation, at another location, what you could try doing is compare the output files (RMB Solution>Open solver directory, this will take you to the MECH directory) of this one with the other one (which did not run) and check what the difference is. This will help diagnose the issue.nnRegards,nIshan.n
    • jurijhl
      Subscriber
      Thank you, I will try that. Regards,nJurijn
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.