General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Topology Optimized Concrete Wall

• Parvathy
      Subscriber

Dear All,

Since the walls serve a specific purpose, I am trying to remove the material from the width (if you think from Top View perspective). As a resut, there will be no voids or holes on the wall surface. I am using a wall with 3m * 4m * 0.115m dimension which is fixed at the bottom, and loads applied laterally from both sides. An exclusion region was created by choosing one side of the wall to prevent the creation of voids on the surface. In the picture, it can be seen that the mateial has been removed in a widthwise manner but it is not symmetric, obviously because I gave the other side as an exclusion region. My goal is to remove the materil in a widthwise manner symmetrically (from both sides). I am manufacturing it by 3D printing. I am trying to find a better-optimized design for the wall which can be later 3d printed. For this, I have to check with different loading and boundary conditions to see which is more feasible with 3D printing. Since ANSYS automatically considers the loaded and b/c applied surfaces as exclusion regions, I find it quite hard to apply multiple loadcase scenarios.Can anyone give me some inputs if you have an idea please?

Kind regards,

Parvathy

• Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee

Please see if the following link helps:

Topology Optimization in ANSYS with Multiple Load Cases (Fully Narrated Tutorial) - Bing video

Regards Ashish Khemka
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.