May 1, 2023 at 8:04 amFabrizio FrondaSubscriber
Hi everyone! I am conducting a skid landing gear drop test on Explicit Dynamic. There is a point of mass attached to the landing gear and a non zero initial velocity. I have some doubts about the simulation. The first one concerns the energy of the system: as you can see in pic A the total amount of energy increases with time:
I think that this is an error, I expect to have the total energy constant, but for some reason it doesn't work.
The second doubt concerns the deformation and the stress and I think that in some way is related to the first one: as you can see in Pic B and C, both deformation and stress keep growing up without having a decreasing behaviour and still, that is weird too.
Maybe I have to increase my End Time but at some point some tubulars begin to collapse and some red dots appear on the collapsed region.
Thanks to everyone who can help me.
May 3, 2023 at 7:35 amAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
Please see if the following link helps you:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Your product license has numerical problem size limits…..
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.