Fluids

Fluids

Total Pressure contour obtained, but not total velocity!

• atulsingh92
      Subscriber

Hello, I have the following results, where i can retrieve a pressure contour, but not velocity contour.

Note that area weighted average of velocity on various surfaces is non zero.

Can anyone help regarding the velocity contour?

• YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      Welcome back!nuncheck the auto range, and scale between 0 to 100. Did you try velocity vectors?nUse mass average instead of area average to get the average velocity. n
    • atulsingh92
      Subscriber
      Already mentioned tweaking global/auto ranges for velocity contours. Didn't work.nAnd yes, velocity vectors can be seen. Although still not sure why the velocity contour wouldn't appear. The selected regions are same as to what I have in velcity vectors.nn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      What are you plotting on?n
    • atulsingh92
      Subscriber
      Everything except the internal zonesn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You're plotting velocity contours on the walls? Try again with node values off.n
    • atulsingh92
      Subscriber
      Also, is there a reason, why turning node values off results in the contours, while sometimes, they are also printed with the node values?n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Yes. The velocity for the contour is stored on the cell OR facet centre (cell and defined surface conditions respectively). What is the velocity at the wall? Vectors may well behave slightly differently. n
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.