May 11, 2022 at 5:42 pmyisu0279Subscriber
My configuration looks like following. And, I get a total transmission rate beyond 1 after the normalization. How can I fix this?May 12, 2022 at 3:43 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeFrom the result, it is most likely due to short of simulation time and/or larger autoshutoff min. Please significantly increase the simulation time, eg 100 times of your current setting, and reduce the autoshutoff min to 1e-6 (or so), run the simulation till it reaches the autoshutoff min. If it terminates at 100% of the progress, it means the simulation time is too short.
In addition, it seems this device has very large Q at certain wavelengths, which means it will need smaller autoshutoff min.
Please visit this Chinese link for more information: Ansys Insight: 为什么说仿真时间要足够长才能得到正确的频域结果 and this one Ansys Insight: 透射率反射率大于1，或者透射率反射率之和大于1的原因与解决方案--综合贴
A side note: not sure how long the xspan of FDTD. It seems there are ling uniform waveguides at the input and output sides. Maybe you can make it smaller so the simulation can be faster. When dipole source is used, it can have larger radiation angles, maybe you use larger length in purpose to avoid simulation diverging?
Second note: Not sure what the quantity you want. But for such devices, usually a specified mode source is used to excite in experiments. So it might be better to use a mode source on the input waveguide.
You can ignore those notes as it is purely my observations. If you have questions regarding to those, please write a new post.Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.