August 11, 2019 at 10:01 pmAslinnSubscriber
Hi all, could someone please give me some help with Ansys scripting in workbench? I am trying to transfer the pressure results I got from a CFD study in Fluid to Static Structural. I have exported the CFD results in the following format:
cellnumber, x-coordinate, y-coordinate, z-coordinate, total-pressure
1, 4.133429050E+00, 4.335345268E+00, 1.745617270E+00,-3.076523920E+02
2, 3.965280294E+00, 4.335345268E+00, 1.462883830E+00,-2.676545454E+02
3, 4.098200321E+00, 4.335345268E+00, 3.833293915E+00,-4.508818876E+02
4, 3.573703766E+00, 4.335345268E+00, 3.805968046E+00,-4.346153642E+02
5, 3.336811066E+00, 4.335345268E+00, 3.618106604E+00,-4.367504221E+02
6, 3.028015137E+00, 4.335345268E+00, 3.812138319E+00,-4.522632891E+02
7, 3.939915895E+00, 4.335345268E+00, 2.001999617E+00,-3.253406935E+02
8, 4.092566490E+00, 4.335345268E+00, 2.781645536E+00,-3.667821233E+02
9, 3.450215578E+00, 4.335345268E+00, 9.655511379E-01,-2.918113661E+02
10, 3.218450308E+00, 4.335345268E+00, 3.909083307E-01,-2.970835651E+02
I would like to apply this set of pressure in Static Structual. My thinking is that I have coordinates and values, therefore I should be able to achieve the pressure assginement through scripting. However, I'm not familiar with scripting in Ansys. Could someone please suggest me how I shall start?
Thank you very much!
August 12, 2019 at 7:45 amjj77Subscriber
This is a one way transfer that can be done very easily in Ansys without this.
See here on how to transfer results from CFD to Structural:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.