June 21, 2022 at 9:58 amPawelTrybusSubscriber
In random vibration analysis, Is it possible to get results i.e. directional acceleration in coordinate system other than solution coordinate system? Option to change coordinate system is inactive for random vibration.
June 28, 2022 at 7:08 pmDaniel ShawAnsys Employee
No. Random Vibration results cannot be transformed into a local coordinate system because the component results are unsigned. The only valid results system is the solution coordinate system.
July 4, 2022 at 11:48 amPawelTrybusSubscriber
Daniel thank you for the answer. Although, can you explain more thoroughly? My understanding would be that if we have a vector, because we talk about coordinate systems, we can transform it into some other coordinate system. Isn't it similar to deriving von Mises stress from the random vibrations analysis? I would appreciate if you could help more! Thank you :)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.