June 9, 2021 at 8:52 amCpwtubSubscriber
I want to model a tower and apply a time dependent load at the top of the tower in one direction.
- I bring the load as a external table - So time with the load , then i have time steps and load at the certain time step.
- Then apply this imported data as the load , which varies with the time.
To check this, I imported a load ( external file), but for the first case I did not change the load with the time step. And yes there are other ways to apply directly without tables. But i wanted to check first.
When I run the transient, it showed me a sinusoidal displacement at the top of the tower, where i apply the load table.
What can be the reason?, Why even the load does not change with the time step.
Following is the , time steps, load application, and the results (deformations)..June 9, 2021 at 9:21 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employeeduplicate of
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.