May 25, 2018 at 5:57 pmbarile.alanSubscriber
My name is Alan Barile and I am a civil engineering student in Brazil.
Does anyone have a simple example of transient analysis using mode superposition?
I created a simple example using a beam with one end fixed and the other free. I used a sinusoidal load and wish to get the vertical displacement at the free end, but I'm not able to make it work. Any suggestion?
May 26, 2018 at 1:47 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
I see you have an APDL script there. I am a novice at APDL, so I hope someone else can help you with that.
I did a simple cantilever Transient Mode Superposition using Workbench and wrote about it in this discussion.
May 29, 2018 at 2:37 pmsk_cheahSubscriber
Please see the University of Alberta's example.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.