June 3, 2023 at 3:06 pmAnthonyB08Subscriber
My question is if I set the gas velocity as a negative value, so it can re-enter the domain at the bottom, does the momentum source term need to switch polarity?
For example if the flow was co-current the momentum conservation would follow as:
where any sink term implemented, by UDF, is assigned a negative value. So my question is if the direction of the flowing fluid is negative does the entire momentum conservation flip in polarity as well.. making my sink term a positive value?
June 5, 2023 at 10:45 amRobAnsys Employee
I'm not sure what you're asking. The porous media is a resistance to flow, so direction is covered by porous media and speed is then used in the equations.
If you mean the boundary conditions, you may need to review open channel if you expect the liquid to reach the far end of the domain.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.