March 16, 2023 at 11:48 am
March 16, 2023 at 12:36 pmNanda VerallaAnsys Employee
There are 2 types of solvers when we deal with transient analysis. They are implicit solver (transient structural) and explicit solvers (Explicit dynamics and LS-DYNA). Impact takes place in micro-seconds, so we need a solver which is compatable in dealing with such small time steps efficiently, in this case you can go for either of explicit solvers. Also, reduce the gap between structure and slab, we are not interested in the time when slab falls down, you can just specify the impact velocity instead. Place the slab just near to the structure. If you’re not bothering about the slab, make it a rigid body.
You can have a look at this AIS course on what analysis needs to be used for impact analysis. You can also find a workshop in the course, Crushing of a soda can, which is very similar to what you’re doing.
Time Integration – ANSYS Innovation Courses
Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum
How to access ANSYS help links
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.