General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Transient Structural Does not Converge!

• hamideh.hayati
      Subscriber

Hello, 

I am running a simulation with Transient Structural, my Step End Time =3 sec.

when I run it for 0.5 sec it converges very well, but when I increase it to1sec or more it can only do 91% of the solution, and it gives me these errors:

1- An internal solution magnitude limit was exceeded. Please check your Environment for inappropriate load values or insufficient supports.  Please see the Troubleshooting section of the Help System for more information.

2- The unconverged solution (identified as Substep 999999) is output for analysis debug purposes. Results at this time should not be used for any other purpose.

Has anyone faced this issue before? I appreciate it if you help me with this issue. 

Best,

Hamideh

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hello Hamideh,

Yes, I have faced those issues. What do you see in the model results at the last substep? What has that excessive displacement and why.

I can take a look at your model if you are using Workbench, but not APDL. Open your project and open Mechanical. Clear Generated Data on the Mesh and close Mechanical. In Workbench, do a File, Save As and name it with a suffix -share, then do a File Archive and create a .wbpz file.  Copy that file to a file sharing site such as Google Drive, OneDrive or Jumpshare. Copy the link to that file and paste it into your reply and say what version of Ansys you are using.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.