General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Transient-thermal-static structural misunderstanding

• dariomnava
      Subscriber

Hi,

I have simulated a cooling process of a slab. Starting at a temperature of 450C and see how it behaves after 1h and transmits the temperature.

When I import the body temperature to SS, I want to perform the static structural when the body temperature was at t=20 min. How do I do it? I am also appying a load in 5 steps (5 seconds).

• Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee

Having the first source time = 1200s is fine. For rows 2,3,4 and 5 do you want to have the same temperature? If not then deactivate those rows.

Regards Ashish Khemka

• dariomnava
      Subscriber
      Hi akhemka What I wanted is to simulate the whole static structiral when the time is 1200s. I think the other rows must be activated right?
      Thanks
    • Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee

A source time of 1200s indicates that the temperature is imported from 20mins. But do you want it to be applied at each load steps from 1 to 5 in your analysis?

Regards Ashish Khemka

• dariomnava
      Subscriber
      Yes, I think so. The whole Static structural must be done when t=20min.
      I decided to apply 5 steps because the model does not converge if I apply all the load just in one step.
      Regards
    • Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee

If I get it right then the end of load step 5 indicates the 1200s and the intermediate load steps can be set to 240,480,720 and 960? If yes then you can set the source time to these values. If you want the temperature to be applied only at the end time then only activate the last step and deactivate others.

Regards Ashish Khemka

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.