July 13, 2020 at 5:50 pmn222Subscriber
I have a transient thermal solution that I would to import into a static structural model so that I can get the deformation at each timestep of my transient thermal solution. I copy the temperature solution timesteps from the transient thermal solution into the static structural analysis and the static structural imported body temperature. However, when this is solved the solution is 0 deformation, so it does not seem like anything is being imported from the transient thermal solution. Is there something I am doing wrong?
July 13, 2020 at 7:47 pmWenlongAnsys Employee
There are three factors worth checking:
1. Have you defined the thermal expansion coefficients correctly?
2. Is temperature imported properly?
3. Is the boundary condition defined properly, does it completely constrains the displacement?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.