March 11, 2020 at 6:27 pmSwadeshSubscriber
Can anyone please suggest how to design a transistor from datasheet in Ansys circuit. I have some tutorial in ADS but for co-simulation purpose, I need to do everything in Ansys. Any suggestion, document or guidance would be very helpful.
March 12, 2020 at 5:26 pmCharlotte BlairAnsys Employee
Take a look at ANSYS Circuit Overview in our help document
for transistor specific information please go here
March 13, 2020 at 5:15 amSwadeshSubscriber
Thank you. However, I can't access the link. Do I need to have any access for that link to see?
March 13, 2020 at 2:00 pmCharlotte BlairAnsys Employee
The link is to our online Help documentation which has the most current documentation. Please check with your institution about online guidelines. We also offer installed Help documentation that is current at the time of software installation. To access the pdfs of the Help documents go to Help on the AEDT Toolbar
Select Help > Circuit Pdfs > Circuit Help
There is a very good example to try as well
Circuit Help > Nexxim Design Examples > DC-IV Characteristics Transistor Example
as well as the examples in the Getting Started Guide
March 18, 2020 at 6:34 amSwadeshSubscriber
@cblair Thank you very much. This is my understanding below. If wrong please correct me.
1. I can edit/modify generate DC-IV curve for 23 supported model.
2. Based on my datasheet, I can modify parameter and substrate (Rogers) type to compare the IV curve like datasheet.
3. After modifying the datasheet the model i get, I can use that as spice model for my co-simulation, right?
4. Besides, I can also extract S parameter from this.
5. For linear analysis, it would likely be S-parameters, and for non linear, a spice model.right?
6. How can I save the spice model and use that for future simulation?
7. For spice model, do I need to keep the full circuit model always? (e.g. inductor, resistor....) or I can add delete component based on my required circuit combination?
March 19, 2020 at 5:44 pmSwadeshSubscriber
Another thing, I was looking for a HEMT transistor. It seems that is not listed in Ansys right now. Is there any way that I can design that or any future version can be compatible with that?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
- Illegal External Terminal – assigning current to a coil
- Domain Decomposition in HFSS
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.