Fluids

Fluids

Translation motion of porous domain

• Jerry190607
      Subscriber

Hello everyone,

I am using CFX to simulate fluid flow through a porous medium and the porous medium is moving in its orientation direction. Is there anybody knows how to set this motion for the porous domain? I found that only rotation motion option is available in the domain setting. Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Jerry

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Yeah only that is available as this will results in inertial forces. Translational motions would not lead to additional forces which need to be taken int account in order to use 2nd Law of Newton. So for translational

For "real" mesh motion you can use Regions of Mesh Motion.

• Jerry190607
      Subscriber

Hello Amine,

Thanks for your prompt response. 

I want the inlet to keep a relative velocity to the porous medium. Is that possible to realize by using Regions of Mesh Motion?

Best regards,

Jerry

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Mesh Motion is completely different than just accommodating the frame of reference. With Mesh Motion you are moving the mesh and not just moving the frame of reference.

• Jerry190607
      Subscriber

Hello Amine,

It is a good idea to use Regions of Mesh Motion. But the problem is that Regions of Mesh Motion is not available in porous domain. Is there any way to move porous domain with Regions of Mesh Motion? Thanks!

Best Regards,

Jerry

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.