March 13, 2023 at 2:56 amgpsarSubscriber
I know the equation Lumerical uses for transmission is shown here
https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034405354-transmission-Script-command but when you solve for the Poynting vector what is the result? Does P = |E|^2?
March 14, 2023 at 12:47 amAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
The equation for Poynting vector is given as: P=E×H∗
March 14, 2023 at 10:24 amgpsarSubscriber
Thanks for your answer. But what is the result of integrating the Poynting vector, since you are only taking the real part?
March 14, 2023 at 3:32 pmAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
The Poynting vector is integrated over the monitor surface to determine the total power through the monitor cross-section. The total power is then normalized to the source power to calculate the transmission.
More details can be found on the following page:
Integrating the Poynting Vector
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.