January 13, 2023 at 7:18 amJeonSubscriber
I am checking the transmittance of several combinations of nanopost arrays.
Some simulations diverged (probably?) due to strongly resonating structures. So I fixed the diverging simulation by changing the PML profile setting to stabilized. However, now the transmittance value is greater than 1.
So I compared the same simulation configuration except for the PML profile setting (using a simulation configuration where the PML profile setting does not diverge even in the standard) as shown below.
Also, in the stabilized setting, using the movie monitor, I found the following strange phenomenon. That is, it was found that energy was released from the PML area after a considerable time elapsed after the application of the pulse.
Why is this happening and how can I fix it?
Thank you so much.
January 13, 2023 at 6:13 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
First, please make sure that the structure periodicity is correct. Is this a 45-rotated rectangular lattice or hesagonal lattice?
If it is rotated rectangular periodicity, you may not need to rotate it, except there is a necessary.
DIverging can be due to several different issues, such as large diffraction angle (then use Steep Angle PML with 64 layers), PML too close to structure (increase z span); It is not necessarily to use the Stabilized PML, which may stablize the simulation but result can be incorrect. Please refer this
Large than 1 usually means the simulation does not run long enough, the autoshutoff min is not reached etc. Most likely this current configuration has very large diffraction angle. Please use visualizer to check the farfield with assuming periods 10 by 10. or use grating analysis:
January 20, 2023 at 12:55 amJeonSubscriber
Your answer was helpful.
It would be nice if you properly moved the precious post below.
Thank you very much.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.