February 1, 2018 at 3:40 pmkeans0018Subscriber
I am working with the subsonic to supersonic flows from M=0.6 to M=2. Pressure-based solver was recommend on low subsonic speed, but when it comes to 0.8 - 1.0 Mach numbers, is it suitable to use density-based ? When I applied the density-based, I could either select the solution steering and changed into the flow type i wanted, but i tried pressure based, the system sometimes showed error and that sometime affected my lift and drag values, it is not constant. Besides, i tried the density-based with transonic flow, my lift and drag values were different again. So, density-based can give better result in transonic speed (0.8 - 1 Mach number), or I should used the pressure based solver?
February 7, 2018 at 7:24 pmRaef.KobeissiSubscriberFrom 0.8 to 1 Mach it is very advisable to use the density based model with ideal gas for air.
- The topic ‘Transonic flow simulation test in classic supersonic airfoil’ is closed to new replies.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
- Using GPU in FLUENT
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.