LS Dyna

LS Dyna

Triple pendulum

Tagged: 

• amir.mb1377
      Subscriber

Hello

In material 197, in ls dyna software, the shape of isolator should be drawn in 3D or 2D? The type of isolator element should be beam, but it is not clear whether it should be drawn in three dimensions or two dimensions?

• Reno Genest
      Ansys Employee

Hello Amir,

*SECTION_BEAM elform=6 (discrete beam/cable) should be in 3D.

Let me know how it goes.

Reno.

• Jim Day
      Ansys Employee
      Just as with any other beam element, it will appear as a 1D, 2-noded element. It is possible, though not mandatory, for the two nodes to be coincident since it's a "discrete" beam element (beam formulation 6). To view the local r,s,t coordinate system for the element, read the keyword input file into LS-PrePost and select EleTol>Ident>Element>Beam>Elem Dir . If you see only the r-axis, then modify the keyword input to add a third node N3 in *ELEMENT_BEAM, which will serve to orient the s- and t-axes. For beam formulation 6, the ASCII output file disbout may be useful. To write this output file, include the keyword *DATABASE_DISBOUT in your keyword input file and specify the desired output interval in time units.
    • amir.mb1377
      Subscriber

Hello Reno

thanks a lot

You don't have a sample project from mat 197. I searched the site, but I could not find an example related to the isolator, which is the same material as mat197?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.