January 31, 2022 at 1:00 pmMeisterSubscriber
I prepared the 3D model in SpaceClaim, but when I import the CAD file to Ansys Workbench the beam Elements don`t exist anymore. (I`ve checked the Geometry tree, only the midsurfaces appear, and I`ve also tried setting Share Topology to None, which was suggested in another Question of the forum) Can someone help me?January 31, 2022 at 4:35 pmErik KostsonAnsys EmployeeHi
Can you explain a bit more. Why do you mean with import the cad file to Ansys Workbench. You should not need to import if you have used spaceclaim, since it is inside say a static system and the transfer from **** claim to mechanical is automatic.
Can you show some images of what you are doing and how the set up and model looks like?
All the best
February 1, 2022 at 11:39 amMeisterSubscriberSorry, "import" really isn't the right word. But the beam elements don't show in the mechanical simulation model as they do in SpaceClaim
That's the CAD model
That's the SpaceClaim model, which has the Beam elements
and that's the model in the mechanical simulation, which doesn't have the beam elements
Hope that explains better the issue I'm having
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- How to work with STL file?
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- material properties
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
- Cant import spaceclaim model into fluent mesher
- Ansys Mechanical Unable to get model
- section plane
- how to fill solid between two surfaces?
- Missing faces on solid bodies
- Geometry editor was closed abnormally
Top Rated Tags