General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Trouble with the tension of the bolt in the clamp support

• javat33489
      Subscriber

Hi all.

I have these supports that hold the pipelines. The clamp is tightened onto the platform with the help of nuts, there is a thread on the clamp. I removed the nuts to make the mesh lighter. I want to set the bolt pretension for the stirrup, but I get solver errors that the stirrup is not fixed.

I used a 3 step calculation, 1 - pretension, 2 and 3 - lock to secure the tension of the yoke. In step 3, I pressurize the pipe. Between the clamp and the pad contact rough.

When I started getting solver errors that yoke is loose. I secured the end of the yoke and the bottom of the pad with a bonded contact and specified a radius.

Why didn't this contact work?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

I recommend you cut the ends of the stirrup off at the level of the plate surface highlighted in blue. Imprint two circles on the blue surface with the diameter of a washer that would be under each nut. Create a Fixed Joint between the washer surface and one cut end of the stirrup.  Create a second Fixed Joint on the other cut end of the stirrup.

• javat33489
        Subscriber

good idea i will try this and report the result

• javat33489
        Subscriber

It didn't work. I aligned the clamp and the shelf and made a BONDED contact, but I still get an error that the clamp is not fixed

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Don't make a Bonded Contact. Create a Fixed Joint between the washer surface and one cut end of the stirrup.

• javat33489
        Subscriber

Sorry, but that doesn't work either! I attached a mini project archive, there is only a support. If you are interested.

ARCHIVE

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      • javat33489
        Subscriber

I understand how you did it! Thank you! works!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.