3D Design

3D Design

Truss(joist) seat Geometry doesn’t open in ANSYS mechanical

• sameerfares
      Subscriber

Hi All,

I am not sure why my geometry doesnt open in ANSYS mechanical.

Regards,

Sam

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

What are the errors you are seeing? Have you been able to open your part in SpaceClaim/Design Modeler?

Did you right click in WB and try updating the Model Cell, before you open Mechanical?

Regards,
      Sandeep

• sameerfares
      Subscriber

Below is the message!

• sameerfares
      Subscriber

Sandeep,

i checked the geomtery with "Check Geometry" and it said its ok.

Regards,

Sam

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

ANSYS experts,

SpaceClaim opens and I can see the geometry. I saved a SpaceClaim document, created a new Workbench file with a new Static Structural and Imported that SpaceClaim file into the Geometry cell.  When I Refreshed the system I got errors:

• System.Exception: Unable to attach to geometry file E:ansysdatastudentcommunitySam.FaresLapped geometry 1.02.scdoc. Unable to attach geometry.

•    at Ansys.Simulation.Core.Commands.RefreshModel.ExecuteCommand(IFullContext context)

•    at Ansys.Addins.Infrastructure.CommandUtilities.CommandHelper.Execute(IFullContext context)

•    at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.CommandWorkUnit.executeInContext(CommandContext subContext, IExecutionEngineCallback tracer)

•    at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.BaseWorkUnit.doExecute(IExecutionEngineCallback executionEngine, CommandContext subContext)

•    at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.BaseWorkUnit.Execute(IExecutionEngineCallback executionEngine, Boolean dontCatchExceptions)

• --- Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandFailedException: Unable to attach to geometry file E:ansysdatastudentcommunitySam.FaresLapped geometry 1.02.scdoc. Unable to attach geometry.

• CommandName: Mechanical.RefreshModel(Container="Model", RemainingContainers=["Setup", "Solution", "Results"])

•    at Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandAsyncResult.RethrowFailureException(Exception e)

•    at Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandAsyncResult.Wait(Int32 milliSecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext)

•    at Ansys.ProjectSchematic.Commands.RefreshCommand.RefreshComponents(IFullContext context, IEnumerable`1 componentsToRefresh, Boolean refreshUnfulfilled)

•    at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.CommandWorkUnit.executeInContext(CommandContext subContext, IExecutionEngineCallback tracer)

•    at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.BaseWorkUnit.doExecute(IExecutionEngineCallback executionEngine, CommandContext subContext)

•    at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.BaseWorkUnit.Execute(IExecutionEngineCallback executionEngine, Boolean dontCatchExceptions)

• --- Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandFailedException: Unable to attach to geometry file E:ansysdatastudentcommunitySam.FaresLapped geometry 1.02.scdoc. Unable to attach geometry.

• CommandName: Refresh()

•    at Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandAsyncResult.RethrowFailureException(Exception e)

•    at Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandAsyncResult.Wait(Int32 milliSecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext)

•    at Ansys.ProjectSchematic.Commands.RefreshCommand.InvokeAndWait(IProtectedContext context, IProgressMonitor progressMonitor)

•    at Ansys.ProjectSchematic.GuiOperations.RefreshProjectGui.Invoke(GuiOperationContext context)

•    at Ansys.UI.GuiOperationContext.Invoke(GuiOperationMetaData operationData)

•    at Ansys.UI.UIManager.InvokeOperationCore(String pseudoname, OperationDelegate callback, Boolean allowOSMessages, Boolean coreTransaction, Boolean deferredRefreshOnly)

I went back to SpaceClaim and used the Repair tab to check for various defects. Only Split Edges showed something, which I repaired, but that did not help the geometry to transfer to Mechanical.

Sam,

Open SpaceClaim, Save As STEP file.  Open a new Static Structural analysis and Import the STEP file into the Geometry Cell. That successfully Attached to the Model cell.

You can also open the Geometry in SpaceClaim.

Regards,
      Peter

• sameerfares
      Subscriber

Peter,

You are efficient and a life-saver

As always ,THANK you for your assistance!

i will try it.

Regards,

Sam 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.