February 12, 2023 at 9:21 amDavid tropSubscriber
I didn see a command in lumerical script(and python) that can take a mode from the resaults i got
in MODE fde solver and let me set the area and calculate the pecantega of power inside that area as there is an option
in the GUI of lumerical
I would love to know how to do that in python command
February 21, 2023 at 9:25 pmTaylor RobertsonAnsys Employee
Some of the features in the of the FDE GUI cannot be trivially replicated through simple script commands. The basic overlap calculations can be accomplished via script commands Overlap script function; however, if you wanted to recenter or something you would need to shift coordinates. Same thing is true for the power and impedance calculations in Modal Analysis tab. To get the power in specified area you would want to integrate the poynting vector(P) over the desired shape and divide that by the integral over the entire window. To do this set the limits of integration appropriately or apply a filter to the region you want to integrate. This filter would be binary array with 1 inside the surface you want to calculate the power, and 0 outside, then the contributions outside the region will be zero.
As you are aware I am sure all python methods are the same as lumerical script commands. The following would be helpful.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.